Scooter Forks - Buying Guide
Skates.co.uk has all the parts you need to replace or upgrade to your existing forks. We provide a wide range forks ﾠfrom such manufacturers as Blazer, Grit, JD Bug, Madd Gear, Slamm, Vertx, Proto plus many more ﾠ- our range is as individual as you are. Donﾒt worry if your kidsﾒ scooter isnﾒt the same brand as the accessory you wish to purchase. Simply ensure that forks you purchase will fit your existing set-up as some forks will need additional parts. Feel free to give us a call or send an e-mail for advice on whether the part youﾒre interested in is suitable for your scooter.
Which one is right for me?
There are a wide range of scooter forks available, here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing yours:
- Moneyﾠ- You don't want to spend more than is necessary, however the quality of a product can be discerned by the cost. The higher the cost, the better quality you are likely to get.
- Skill Levelﾠ- All are suitable for beginners and recreational riders, but for anyone more experienced in extreme sports or park riding its worth considering a threadless fork.
- Existing set-upﾠ When purchasing or upgrading your forks its worth remembering that if youﾒre upgrading to threadless forks youﾒll also need to purchase a threadless headset.
- Threaded Threaded forks are generally found on entry and intermediate level scooters. Threaded forks have threading drilled into the top of the forks which threaded headsets screw onto. As theyﾒve been drilled into, there is a natural weakness at these points. If youﾒve snapped your threaded forks in the past, itﾒs worth upgrading to threadless forks. It is possible to use a threadless headset on threaded forks if you use the locking nut from a threaded headset.
- Threadless ﾠThreadless forks are generally found on higher-end models. As they havenﾒt had threading drilled into the tip of the forks, theyﾒre naturally stronger than threaded forks. Itﾒs worth remembering that if you upgrade to threadless forks youﾒll have to also fit a threadless headset.
Ability and Age
Every fork is designed for recreational use and suitable for any age. We would recommend upgrading/sticking with a threadless fork if youﾒve already got a higher-end model or are attempting lots of tricks and jumps.
You will need to notify us of any major defects when you first receive your product. There is typically a 90 day warranty on parts, this does not cover normal wear and tear. Once a product has been used the supplier will not usually replace the entire item. We will look at this on a case by case basis to determine the nature of defect or damage and make every effort to provide the best overall customer experience.