Collar Clamps - Buying Advice
Skates.co.uk has the parts you need to replace or upgrade your existing clamp. Donﾒt worry if your kidsﾒ scooter isnﾒt the same brand as the accessory you wish to purchase. Simply ensure that the clamp you purchase is the correct width for your current handlebars. Feel free to give us a call or send an e-mail for advice on whether the part youﾒre interested in is suitable for your scooter.
Which one is right for me?
There are a wide range of collar clamps available, here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing yours.
- Moneyﾠ- You don't want to spend more than is necessary, however the quality of a product can be discerned by the cost. The higher the cost, the better quality you are likely to get.
- Skill Levelﾠ- All are suitable for beginners and recreational riders, but for anyone more experienced in extreme sports or park riding, you would get the most out of purchasing a higher end triple or quad clamp
- Sizeﾠﾖ There are several different widths of collar clamps, each designed to fit a certain width of bar. Higher end bars tend to made of higher quality metals such as aluminium or chromoly as these metals are stronger and lighter. As such the correct clamp will be slightly thinner. Before purchasing an replacement clamp itﾒs really important to first check the diameter of your handlebars. If youﾒve fitted a HIC compression kit youﾒll also require HIC-compatible bars. ﾠ
- Shimﾖ Some clamps will come with an optional shim which acts as a spacer if the clamp is slightly too wide.
- Single, Double, Triple or Quad ﾖ A clamp with one screw is referred to as a single clamp. Likewise a clamp with 4 screws would be a quad clamp. Longer clamps with more screws are better as they spread the pressure put on the clamp and bars when performing tricks. If youﾒre regularly attempting jumps or tricks itﾒs worth getting a triple or quad clamp as itﾒll alleviate some of the pressure put on your scooter and reduce the risk of your bars shearing.
Ability and Age
Every clamp is designed for recreational use and suitable for any age. If youﾒre planning to head to the skate park, we strongly recommend you get a triple or quad clamp and consider fitting some sort of compression system.
You will need to notify us of any major defects when you first receive your product. There is typically a 90 day warranty on parts, this does not cover normal wear and tear. Once a product has been used the supplier will not usually replace the entire item. We will look at this on a case by case basis to determine the nature of defect or damage and make every effort to provide the best overall customer experience.