Headsets Buying Guide
Headsets - Buying Guide
Skates.co.uk has all the parts you need to replace or upgrade to your existing headset. We provide a wide range headsets from such manufacturers as Dare, FSA, ECOﾠplus many more. Donﾒt worry if yourﾠscooter isnﾒt the same brand as the accessory you wish to purchase. Simply ensure that headset you purchase will fit your existing set-up. Feel free to give us a call or send an e-mail for advice on whether the part youﾒre interested in is suitable for your scooter.
Which one is right for me?
There are a wide range headsets available, here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing yours:
- Moneyﾠ- You don't want to spend more than is necessary, however the quality of a product can be discerned by the cost. The higher the cost, the better quality you are likely to get.
- Skill Levelﾠ- All are suitable for beginners and recreational riders, but for anyone more experienced in extreme sports or park riding its worth considering having a threadless headset.
- Existing set-upﾠ When purchasing or upgrading your headset its worth remembering that if youﾒve currently got a threadless fork youﾒll need to stick with a threadless headset,
- Threaded Threaded headsets are usable only on threaded forks. They screw onto threaded forks and allow your forks to rotate 360 degrees. Theyﾒre generally found on entry and intermediate level scooters.
- Threadless Threadless headsets are generally found on higher end models. They donﾒt require threading however will still work on threaded forks as long as you also use a locknut from a threaded headset. They tend to rotate much smoother than threaded headsets however are more expensive.
Ability and Age
Every fork is designed for recreational use and suitable for any age. We would recommend upgrading/sticking with a threadless headset if youﾒve already got a higher-end model or are attempting lots of tricks and jumps.
You will need to notify us of any major defects when you first receive your product. There is typically a 90 day warranty on parts, this does not cover normal wear and tear. Once a product has been used the supplier will not usually replace the entire item. We will look at this on a case by case basis to determine the nature of defect or damage and make every effort to provide the best overall customer experience.